- This event has passed.
Pitru / Shradh Paksh or Pitar Pakh
September 1 - September 17
- As per Varanasi, India time and cordinates: 1st Sep to 17th Sep 2020
- As per Auckland, New Zealand time and coordinates: 2nd Sep to 17th Sep 2020
Tithi / Lunar day Purnima (पूर्णिमा, Pournima / Poornima / Full moon day) for difference city coordinates are as below:
- Auckland (NZ): Tue, Sep 01, 4:09 pm to Wed, Sep 2, 5:22 pm.
- Varanasi (India): Tue, Sep 01, 9.38am to Wed, Sep 2, 10.51am
- Cape Town (South Africa): Tue, Sep 01, 6.08am to Wed, Sep 2, 7.21am
- Suva (Fiji): Tue, Sep 01, 4:08 pm to Wed, Sep 2, 5:21 pm.
TITHI तिथी (Lunar Day)
- 1st Sep in India and 2nd Sep in NZ: Purnima Shradhha पूर्णिमा श्राद्ध (Please check tithi of few cities above)
- 2nd Sep in India and 3rd Sep in NZ: Pratipada / Ekam / Prathma tithi Shradhha (एकम श्राद्ध, 1st Lunar day of the fortnight). This day is also for maternal grand parents (Nana – Nani) if their death tithi is not known.
- 3rd Sep in India: Dooj / Dwitiya tithi Shradhha (दूज / द्वितीया श्राद्ध, 2nd Lunar day)
- 4th Sep in NZ: Dooj / Dwitiya tithi Shradhha (दूज / द्वितीया श्राद्ध, 2nd Lunar day)
- 5th Sep Sat: Teej / Tritiya tithi Shradhha (तीज / तृतीया श्राद्ध, 3rd Lunar day).
- 6th Sep Sun: Chauth / Chaturthi Shradhha (चौथ / चतुर्थी श्राद्ध, 4th Lunar day).
- 7th Sep Mon: Paancham / Panchami Shradhha / Maha Bharani (पंचमी श्राद्ध, 5th Lunar day, Bharni Nakshtra). This day is also for Shardhha of ancestors who were unmarried.
- 8th Sep, Tue: Chat / Shishti / Shashthi Shradhha (छठ / षष्ठी श्राद्ध, 6th Lunar day)
- 9th Sep, Wed: Saatam / Saptami Shradhha (सप्तमी श्राद्ध, 7th Lunar day)
- 10th Sep, Thu: Aatham / Ashtami Shradhha (अष्टमी श्राद्ध, 8th Lunar day) from 22nd Sep 2.50am to 23rd Sep 2.20am
- 11th Sep, Fri: Num / Navmi Shradhha (नवमी श्राद्ध, 9th Lunar day). This day is also for Mother’s Shradhha. (Matru Navmi)
- 12th Sep, Sat: Dasam / Dashmi Shradhha (दशमी श्राद्ध, 10th Lunar day)
- 13th Sep, Sun: Agyaras / Ekadashi Shradhha (अग्यारस / एकादशी श्राद्ध, 11th Lunar day)
- 14th Sep, Mon: Baras / Dwadashi Shradhha (बारस / द्वादशी श्राद्ध, 12th Lunar day) / Magha Shradhha. This days is also for Shraddha for those who had taken renunciation (संन्यास) before death.
- 15th Sep, Tue: Teras / Triyodashi Shradhha (तेरस / त्रयोदशी श्राद्ध, 13th Lunar day) Also to perform Shradhha of those who died at early / very early age / children. Tithi 26th Sep 5.32pm (17.32Hrs) to 27th Sep 2.02pm (14.02Hrs)
- 16th Sep, Wed: Chaudas / Chaturdashi (चौदस / चतुर्दशी श्राद्ध, 14th Lunar day). Sharadhha of those who had tragic death like (murdered, committed suicide, killed by weapon, accident). Shardhha of family members who died on Chaturdashi other than these reasons are usually performed on next day (Sarva Pitru Amavasya).
- 17th Sep, Thu: Amavasya / Sarva Pitru Amavasya (सर्व पित्रृ श्राद्ध, No moon day). For those who died on Amavasya (No moon day), Purnima (Full moon day) or Chaturdashi (14th Lunar day / Chaudas) or if the tithi is not known or if missed any of the above Sharadhha offerings.
indiansinnz.com try to bring accurate info for our readers specially in New Zealand, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Australia.
We try our best to provide accurate and necessary details. Your comments are most welcome, please write to [email protected]
indiansinnz.com 2020 Calendar covering all religious festivals, New Zealand National Holidays, Indian National Holidays, Selected Sports Events and Lunar day details (Hindu Tithi तिथी). Hindu year Vikram Samvat (विक्रम संवत) 2077 started on 26th March 2020
We bring you a unique blend of National (both New Zealand & Indian) and Religious calendar. The Indian / Hindu lunar day or tithi (तिथी) mentioned here are as per New Zealand time. When city is not mentioned, Auckland time is taken as standard time to calculate Sunrise-Sunset (सूर्योदय / सूर्यास्त समय), Moonrise-Moonset time (चंद्रोदय / चंद्रास्त समय).
Please click here for our terms and disclaimer. Monthly calendar is best viewed on larger screen (PC/Laptop/Tablet).