Looking for 2019 Ganesh Festival in New Zealand?
2018 VINAYAGA GANAPATI CHATURTHI गणेश चतुर्थी / चौथ
Devotees are requested NOT to take their idols to temples to disperse as there is restriction on number of idols from council. Please contact nearby temple / association authorities for details. Please help to save environment and mother earth. We humbly request all to use eco-friendly idols.
On this page: Ganesha Pooja Muhurt | Ganesh Festival Celebrations New Zealand | Posters released by Temples in New Zealand
|| SHRI GANESHAY NAHAM || श्री गणेशाय नमः ||
GANESH CHATURTHI PANCHANG / MUHURT
Chaturthi (4th lunar day) tithi is from 12th Sep 10.37pm (22.37 hrs) till 13th Sep 9.21pm (21.21 hrs) Auckland time.
Sunrise: 6.24am, Sunset: 6.09pm Auckland time
GANAPATI STHAPNA MUHURT 2018 (PREFERRED AUSPICIOUS TIME):
Though Ganapati sthapna and puja can be done anytime on the auspicious day, Madhyanha kaal is considered auspicious time. Following are madhyanha kaal (Ganesh sthapna muhurat) for various cities in New Zealand:
- Auckland: 11.12am to 1.36pm (Sunrise: 6.24am)
- Christchurch: 11.24am to 1.48pm (Sunrise: 6.36am)
- Dunedin: 11.33am to 1.57pm (Sunrise: 6.45am)
- Hamilton: 11.11am to 1.35pm (Sunrise: 6.23am)
- Invercargill: 11.42am to 2.06pm (Sunrise: 6.54am)
- Napier: 11.05am to 1.29pm (Sunrise: 6.17am)
- New Plymouth: 11.16am to 1.40pm (Sunrise: 6.28am)
- Palmerston North: 11.10am to 1.34pm (Sunrise: 6.22am)
- Queenstown: 11.40am to 2.04pm (Sunrise: 6.52am)
- Rotorua: 11.07am to 1.31pm (Sunrise: 6.19am)
- Tauranga: 11.07am to 1.31pm (Sunrise: 6.19am)
- Wellington: 11.14am to 1.38pm (Sunrise 6.26am)
- Whangarei: 11.14am to 1.38pm (Sunrise: 6.26am)
Ganesh Aarti Lyrics (Hindi & Marathi)
Muhurt Calculation method: Considering 24 minutes per Ghati/Nadika, and each division (kaal) of 6 ghati. Madhyanha is 3rd division/kaal. Thus, first two kaal is over at 24x6x2=288 minutes (4 hrs, 48 minutes) after sunrise.
Source of Sunrise time: www.timeanddate.com (Thanks!)
Ganesh Festival Celebrations New Zealand: Ganapati Chaturthi / Vinayaga Chathurthi to Ganesh Visarjan programs:
- Vinayaga Chathurthi (Ganesh Chaturthi) celebration and abhishek, 13th Sep, morning 5am till 7.30pm in the evening followed by Prasad at Sri Ganesha Temple, 4 Dent Place, Papakura Auckland
- Ganesha Chaturthi 2018 celebrations, 15th Sep, 9am – 1pm at Templeton Community Center, 64 Kirk Road, Templeton, Christchurch 8042 (Heading south, turn right after Cookie Time). Organized by Sri Ganesh Temple Christchurch
- ISSO Swami Narayan Temple Ganesh Chaturthi celebration, 15th Sep, 6pm onwards at Wintec City Campus, Hall no A1.04, Tristram Street, Hamilton.
- Vinayaga Ganapati Chaturthi programs at Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
- Ganapati Moolavar Abhishekam, 13th Sep, 11am to 6pm
- Programs at Thiru Subramaniyar Aalayam, 69 Tidal Road, Mangere, Auckland
- Three day celebrations 13, 14, 15th Sep
- 13th Sep, 10am to noon: Abisegham, Maha Ganapati Alangara Darshan, Maha Deeparathanai and Prasadam distribution. Evening 6pm-8pm: Maha Abishegam, Sodasha Maha Deeparathami and Prasadam
- 14th Sep 6pm to 8pm: Vigneshwara Poojai, First Kala Yagasalai Poojai, Ganapathi Upanishath Parayanam, Maha Deeparathanai and Maha Prasadam.
- 15th Sep: 10am to mid day: 2nd Kala Yagasalai Poojai, 108 Kalasa Poojai, Ganapati Homam, Ashta Diraviya Homam, Maha Poornahuti, Abhishegam, Maha Deeparathani and Maha Prasadam.
- Programs at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson, Auckland
- 5 day Ganesh Pooja starting 19th Sep to 22nd Sep, 7.30pm samohik (group) Ganesh Puja followed by arti and prasad (feast)
- 23rd Sep: 9.30am Ganesh Pooja, Hawan, Arti followed by lunch at 11.30am.
- Ganesh Visarjan yatra on 23rd Sep starting 12.45 by bus (booking essential)
- Programs at Sri Sai Mandir, 12-18 Princess St, Onehunga, Auckland:
- Ganesh Stapana, Pooja and Ganesh Aarti: 13th Sep, 6.30pm to 8pm
- Ganesh Abhishekam,
Ganesh Pooja and Ganesh Aarti : 14th Sep to 22nd Sep – 6.30pm to 8pm
- Ganesh Havan followed by Maha Prasad: 22nd Sep, 10 AM to 12 noon
- Ganesh Maha Puja/Visarjan Puja followed by Visarjan Procession to Bhartiya Mandir, 23rd Sep, 10am to 12noon
- Devotees from different temples will be assembling at 1.00 pm at Bharatiya Mandir, to proceed to Ferry Terminal. Visarjan process will take place from a Ferry and interested devotees may register for the same ( $35 per person)
- Programs at Bhartiya Mandir, 252 Balmoral Road, Sandringham Mt Albert, Auckland
- Ganesh Sthapna puja: 13th Sep, 10am-12noon
- Samuhik (Group) aarti, bhajan: 13th Sep to 22nd Sep, 7.30pm onwards
- Ganesh Abhishek: 13th Sep to 22nd Sep, 7.30pm onwards
- Sri Satyanarayan puja: 23rd Sep, 10am to 12.30pm followed by maha prasad (feast)
- Samudra Yatra and Ganesh Visarjan: 23rd Sep starting 1.30pm
- Programs at Radha Krishna Temple, 145 New North Road, Eden Terrace, Auckland:
- Ganesh Sthapna puja: 13th Sep, 8pm followed by prasad
- Shri Ganesh Charitra Katha: 14th – 15th – 16th Sep from 7.30pm to 9pm followed by aarti & prasadam
- Shri Ganesh Bhajan: 22nd Sep 8pm followed by aarti and prasad
- Ganesh Yagna: 23rd Sep, 10am onwards followed by puja, aarti and maha prasad (feast)
- Ganesh Murti visarjan (idol dispersion) 24th Sep 8.30pm (Maha prasad between 6pm and 7pm)
- Programs at Gita Mandir Wellington Indian Association, 48 Kemp Street, Wellington, 602
- Ganesh invocation: 13th Sep
- Ganesh Bhajan: 14th Sep, 7-30pm to 9pm
- Ganesh Visarjan (Dispersing Ganesha idol, ONLY ONE IDOL ALLOWED TO DISPERSE) on 15th Sep 9am-12noon, organized by
- Maa Durga Temple, 4/3 Onslow Ave, Manukau celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi Mahotsav from 18th Sep to 22nd Sep, 6.30pm to 8.30pm followed by maha prasad. Ganesh Visarjan on 23rd Sep to proceed to Westheaven at 5pm from temple. Free bus service for visarjan.
- Ganesha Chaturthi (Gaṇēśa Caturthī or Vināyaka Caviti) sthapna, 13th Sep, Burnside Bowling Club, 330 Avonhead Road, Christchurch NZ
- Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations, 15th Sep 7pm-10pm at 72 Peachgrove Rd, Hamilton East, Hamilton 3216. Organized by Gujarati Pariwar Waikato