Khichu/ Paapdi no Lot/ Rice Khichu
खीचू रेसिपी / खीचू बनाने की विधी
Indian Gujarati Patas / Snacks / Brunch
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/4teaspoon Papad Kharo or a pinch of Baking soda
- 1teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera/ cumin seeds
- 1/2 teapoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon green chilli paste For serving
- 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon of pickle masala.
How to make
Bring water to boil. Add all dry ingredients except for the rice flour. Let boil for 2 mins so it gets flavorful. Add the rice flour and switch off the flame. Stir in one direction to get a lump free dough and cover for 5 mins. When it is ready to handle, make 2 big round balls out if this mixture. Make a hole in the centre of the rice ball so that it evenly cooks.
Now steam these balls in a steamer for 8 to 10 mins. Insert a knife. It is done if knife comes out clean.
- Suggest to use a wooden rolling pin to stir the rice flour as it gets sticky and tough to handle if using metal spoon.
- You can flatten out the rice dough in a steel plate and steam it like Dhokla.
- Once ready drizzle oil and pickle masala and cut in squares and serve.
- You can skip green chillies or add garlic if you like the flavor.
- You can double up this recipe for more servings.
Simple recipes from indiansinnz.com
- Churma Laadu recipe
- Ganapati Modak recipe
- Rice Kheer Recipe
- Indian Recipe – Aate ka Halwa आटे का हलवा (Wholewheat flour Pudding)
- Amazing Indian Food, Get to know more
- Dhokla Recipe
- Indian Green chutney