Krishna Janmashthmi New Zealand 2018
(5245th Birthday of Lord Krishna)
Shri Krishna Janmashtami in New Zealand is celebrated in almost all temples and by various community association. Most of the temples in New Zealand starts celebrating Shri Krishna Janma Ashtami about 5-7 days in advance with Katha, Prayers, Aarti and Kirtan.
Tithi / Panchang
Ashtami starts on 3rd Sep 3.17am as per Auckland time and ends on 4th Sep 1.50am. Tithi remains same in almost all part of New Zealand.
Matki Phod Mahotsav (मटकी फोड महोत्सव) Govinda Aala Re on 2nd Sep organized by Maa Durga Temple, Manukau, Auckland. All devotees and participants to assemble at Maa Durga Temple before 9am. Free bus service
At 9:00am bus starts
10:00 am Swami Narayan Mandir PAPATOETOE
11:30pm BAPS Swami Narayan Mandir AVONDALE
1:00pm Shirdi Sai Temple ONEHUNGA
2:00pm Bhartiya Mandir BALMORAL Sandringham
3:30pm Maa Durga Temple MANUKAU
Shri Krishn Janma Ashtami Prayers and Functions
- Krishna Janmashtami celebrations, 1st Sep, Bhajan, Kirtan, Garba / Dandiya and Dinner (Passes required) at 36 Lyttelton Cres, Tamatea, Napier 4112
- Shri Krishna Janmashtami Celebrations, 2nd Sep Kirtan starts 6pm at Sanatan Dharam Mandir, 108 Whiore Ave, Tauriko, Tauranga 3171
- Mon 27th Aug to Mon 3rd Sep, 7pm to 10.30pm at Shri Sanatan Pratinithi Sabha of Christchurch Hall (previously Woolston Scouts Hall), 19 St John Street, Woolston, Christchurch. Organized by Christchurch Fiji Association
- Mon 27th Aug to Mon 3rd Sep, 6pm to 8.30pm at Ram Krishn Mandir, 25 Onslow Ave, Papatoetoe, Auckland
- Mon 27th Aug – Mon 3rd Sep, Krishna Janam Astmi Katha and Bhajan, 7.30pm – 10.30pm followed by maha prasad at Shri Ram Mandir, 11 Brick St, Henderson 1010, Auckland
- Mon 27th Aug – Sun 2nd Sep: Srimad Bhagwat Katha from 7.45pm – 9.15pm at Bhartiya Mandir, 252, Balmoral Road, Sandringham, Auckland
- Shri Krishna Janmashtami programs upto 3rd Sep at Shiv Mandir, 43 Holmes Road, 2016 Manurewa, Auckland
- Ashirwaad Ramayan Mandli Mandir from 27th Aug to 3rd Sep, 7pm to 9pm (Katha, Bhajan, Kirtan, Prasad, Feast) at East Tamaki Bowling Club, 242 East Tamaki Road, East Tamaki, Auckland 2023
- New Zealand Sangam & Shree Sanatan Dharam Pawan Sut Satsangh Ramayan Mandali from 27th Aug to 3rd Sep, 7.30pm-9pm, Katha – Kirtan – Aarti – Prasad at residence of devotee – 9 Donegal Park Drive, Flat Bush Auckland
- Shri Radha Krishna Temple, 145 New North Road, Auckland. 31st Aug to 2nd Sep: Krishna katha from 7.30pm-9.30pm followed by Arti and prasad. 3rd Sep: 7pm till midnight. Maha Arti at mid night. Katha, bhajan and aarti followed by maha prasad.
- Shree Sanatan Dharam Hanuman Mandir, Bagawat Khata from 7.30 pm to 9 pm, followed by Aarti, Prasad & Maha Prasad. Address: 14 – 16 Bay Park Place, Beach Heaven, 0626 North Shore, Auckland
Last day Hawan at 6.30pm | Krishan Janam at 9.00pm
- ISKCON Temple Auckland, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Hwy, Kumeu RD2, Auckland, Rodeny 0892
- ISKCON Panmure Auckland, 11 Pleasant View Rd, Panmure, Auckland 1072
- ISKCON Wellington, 105 Newlands Road, Newlands, Wellington. (Sep 3 @4.30am to Sep 4 @1am)
- ISKCON Christchurch, Hare Krishna Centre, 83 Bealey Avenue, Christchurch 8013 (7pm to midnight)
- ISKCON Hamilton, 188 Maui Street, Pukete Industrial Estate, RD8 Terapa, Hamilton, Waikato
- Sri Balaji Temple, 2 Kent Street, Frankton, Hamilton
- Gita Mandir, 48 Kemp Street, Wellington, 6022. Bhajan and Prayers 7.30pm till midnight.
- Hunuman Baba Kutti Christchurch
- Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations on 8th Sep from 3pm-9pm at Kelston Girls College, Kelston, Auckland. Organized by Vaishnav Parivar (NZ) Inc.
Please check FB pages / website of respective temple / organization for exact dates / time of celebrations.
Bhagavad Gita Chapter 4, Verse 7-8
The verse in English:
Meaning in Hindi:
हे भारत! जब-जब धर्म की हानि
और अधर्म की वृद्धि होती है, तब-तब मैं साकार रूप से प्रकट होता हूँ॥7॥
अच्छे पुरुषों का उद्धार करने के लिए, पाप कर्म करने वालों का विनाश करने के लिएऔर
धर्म की अच्छी तरह से स्थापना करने के लिए मैं युग-युग में प्रकट हुआ करता हूँ॥8॥
Meaning in English
And there is exaltation of unrighteousness, then I Myself come forth;