2020 Ganesh Festival
Vinayaga Ganapati Chaturthi गणेश चतुर्थी / चौथ
Devotees are requested NOT to take their idols to temples to disperse as there is restriction on number of idols from council. Please contact nearby temple / association authorities for details. Please help to save environment and mother earth. We humbly request all to use eco-friendly idols.
On this page: Ganesha Pooja Muhurt | Ganesh Festival Celebrations New Zealand | Posters released by Temples in New Zealand
|| SHRI GANESHAY NAHAM || श्री गणेशाय नमः ||
GANESH CHATURTHI PANCHANG / MUHURT
- Chaturthi / Chauth / 4th lunar day from 22nd Aug 5.33am to 23rd Aug 2.27am Auckland time
- Auckland: Sunrise 6.55am, Sunset 5.52pm
GANAPATI STHAPNA MUHURT 2020 (PREFERRED AUSPICIOUS TIME):
Though Ganapati sthapna and puja can be done anytime on the auspicious day, Madhyanha kaal (mid day period) is considered auspicious time. Following are madhyahna kaal (Ganesh sthapna muhurat) for various cities in New Zealand:
- Auckland: 11.43am to 1.07pm (Sunrise: 6.55am)
- Christchurch: 12.01pm to 2.25pm (Sunrise: 7.13am)
- Dunedin: 12.13pm to 2.37pm (Sunrise: 7.25am)
- Hamilton: 11.42am to 1.06pm (Sunrise: 6.54am)
- Invercargill: 12.23pm to 2.47pm (Sunrise: 7.35am)
- Napier: 11.38am to 1.02pm (Sunrise: 6.50am)
- New Plymouth: 11.49am to 1.13pm (Sunrise: 7.01am)
- Palmerston North: 11.44am to 1.08pm (Sunrise: 6.56am)
- Queenstown: 11.19am to 2.43pm (Sunrise: 7.31am)
- Rotorua: 11.39am to 1.03pm (Sunrise: 6.51am)
- Tauranga: 11.38am to 1.02pm (Sunrise: 6.50am)
- Wellington: 11.49am to 1.13pm (Sunrise 7.01am)
- Whangarei: 11.43am to 1.07pm (Sunrise: 6.55am)
Ganesh Aarti Lyrics (Hindi & Marathi)
Churma Laadu Prasad
Anant Chaturdashi Ganesh visarjan day: 1st Sep 2020
Tithi Chaturdashi from 31st Aug 3.18pm to 1st Sep 4.08pm as per Auckland time.
Ganesh Visarjan 2020 muhurat:
- Morning Muhurat: 09:31am to 01:46pm
- Afternoon Muhurat: 03:11pm to 04:36pm
- Evening Muhurat: 07:35pm to 09:10pm
Muhurt is also written as Muhurat or Muhurtam
Muhurt Calculation method: Considering 24 minutes per Ghati/Nadika, and each division (kaal) of 6 ghati. Madhyanha is 3rd division/kaal. Thus, first two kaal is over at 24x6x2=288 minutes (4 hrs, 48 minutes) after sunrise.
Source of Sunrise time: www.timeanddate.com (Thanks!)
IMPORTANT: Please note Auckland is under Covid Level 3 and rest of the New Zealand is under Covid Level 2. Most of the festival programs across New Zealand temples and/or communities are now restricted or cancelled. STAY SAFE! STAY HEALTHY!
Ganesh Festival 2020 NZ
Ganapati Chaturthi / Vinayaga Chathurthi to Ganesh Visarjan programs:
- Vinayaga Chathurthi (Ganesh Chaturthi) celebration and abhishek, Kurinchi Kumaran Temple – Vinayakar Maha Chaturthi 22nd Aug at 3 Batchelor Street, Newlands 6037 Wellington
- Auckland Sri Ganesh Temple, Papakura. Please click link to check latest update. Online darshan & puja.
- ISSO Shree Swaminarayan Temple, 10-12 Wentworth Ave, Papatoetoe, Manukau, Auckland 2025. Ganesh sthapna & pooja: 22nd Aug 5.50pm to 6.30pm, Ganesh Aarti 6.40pm. Watch online
- Bhartiya Mandir Auckland, Ganesh sthapna 11.46am to 1.30pm. Online darshan.
- Shri Ram Mandir, Henderson, Auckland. 22nd Aug 7pm to 8.30pm, Join online on FaceBook
More programs will be posted as we receive details about them. Please send email to email@example.com to list your program on this page (rights to publish reserved, please click here to read our terms).