Holi – Festival of colors 2021 रंगो का त्यौहार – होली
- Sun, 28th March: Holika Dahan, Chaudas (14th lunar day)
- Mon, 29th March: Holi Festival of colors, Vasant / Falgun / Dol Purnima
Holi, the Festival of Colors in New Zealand: HOLI होली festival is celebrated on full moon day (Purnima) of Falgun month as per Indian calendar. This is a two days festival, first day evening is burning of Holika the devil and second day is the color festival. Thus this festival is also known as Festival of Colours.
Festivals within the period of Holi are Rang Panchmi (2nd Apr), Sheetla Saptami (3rd Apr), Sheetla Ashtami / Basoda (4th Apr)
Prayers and Holika Dahan is organized at many temples across New Zealand. Holi celebrations with colors are enjoyed across many communities across New Zealand. Krishna Holi at ISKCON Kumeu is one of the most famous Festival of colours in New Zealand.
In India, gathering of poets reciting comedy and satire are popular. It is known as Hasya Kavi Sammelan हास्य कवि सम्मेलन
Here are few programs organized to celebrate Festival of Color:
- KRISHNA HOLI, 14th FEB at ISKCON, 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Highway Auckland 0892. Most popular Holi festival in New Zealand.
- Holi Colour Splash, 20th Feb, 12 noon to 4pm at Memorial Park, Devonport Road, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
- Grand Faag Muqabla, 19th March, 7pm at Vedic Centre, 32 Glassgow Ave, Papatoetoe, Auckland. Ticket $15
- Ashburton Holi 2021, 20th March, 11am to 3pm at Ashburton Domain
- HOLI Summer Festival 2021, on 21st March, 12noon to 6pm, at Vodafone Event Centre, 770 Great South Road, Wiri, Manukau, Auckland. Free entry, Certified organic colors will be sold onsite.
- Queenstown Holi Festival, 28th Mar, 10am to 3pm at Warren Park, Queenstown
Holika Dahan is organized in most of the temples across New Zealand. click here for list of temples in New Zealand