Holi, the Festival of Colors in New Zealand: HOLI होली festival is celebrated on full moon day (Purnima) of Falgun month as per Indian calendar. This is a two days festival, first day evening is burning of Holika the devil and second day is the color festival. Thus this festival is also known as Festival of Colours.
HOLI (FESTIVAL OF COLORS) 2020
Holi and other festivals on the same day:
- Holika Dahan होलिका दहन
- Falgun Vasant Purnima, Dol Purnima फाल्गुन वसंत पूर्णिमा
- Attukal Pongal
- Anvadhan, Masi Magam
- Falgun Chaumasi Chaudas फाल्गुन चौमासी चौदस
- Falgun Ashtahnika Ends
- Chaitanya Mahaprabhu Jayanti चेतन्य महाप्रभु जयन्ती
Tithi (Lunar Day) as per Auckland time:
- Chaturdashi / Chaudas / 14th Lunar day from 8th Mar 2.01pm to 9th Mar 10.34am
- Purnima / Pournima / Poonam / Full moon day from 9th Mar 10.34am to 10th Mar 6.47am
Holi होली programs in New Zealand:
- 26th Jan: Krishna Holi 2020, 26th Jan 12noon to 4pm at ISKCON Temple 1229 Coatesville-Riverhead Highway, Auckland 0892
- 22nd Feb: HOLI Wellington Colour Fest, 22nd Feb, 11am to 8pm at Upper Frank Kitts Park, Jervois Quay Wellington 6011. Tickets available from 1 Dec.
- Christchurch Holi-Festival of Colours on 29 Feb 10am to 4pm at Hagley Park Christchurch, New Zealand 8011
- Holi / Holika Dahan programs are organized in most of the temples across New Zealand. Click here to see list of Temples in New Zealand
- Holi celebration at Bharatiya Mandir Balmoral Road Auckland on 9th Mar from 7:45 pm onwards
- Holika Dahan at Radha Krishna Temple, 145 New North Road, Auckland on 9th Mar from 8pm to 10pm
- Waitakere Holi Mela 2020, on 15th Mar 10am to 5pm at The Trusts Arena 65-67 Central Park Drive, Auckland 0610. The event will feature Live Music, DJ, Cultural Items for all walks of life- young and old, mouth watering food and lots of choices of colors.
- Rangiora Festival of Colour 2020 on 29th Mar 10 am to 4pm at Victoria Park Rangiora123 Percival Street, Rangiora, Christchurch 7400
Eco-friendly colors are used in most of the Holi Festival of colours celebrations across New Zealand.